We started the weekend off by seeing the third Pirates movie with Mom and Dad Ault, and the Sams. We enjoyed the movie, it was better than the second one. However, it was strange because we didn't have our little guy with us. He has a hard time sitting through a movie now, but I have to admit I had a hard time sitting through one without him. :o) We then filled the rest of the day running errands.
Sunday we got ready to go to see some of my family. However, before going we stopped by to give Ollie his birthday present. ( We are sad we missed his birthday party, but hope it was fun!) We visited there for a bit and then we began our drive to Fort Bridger, Wyoming. It took us between 2 - 2 1/2 hours was all. I even managed to stay awake for most of the trip! Which is an amazing feat, just ask my hubby!!
The rest of the weekend was full of visiting and driving. We went to Vernal to see the dinosaurs on Monday and then drove home. The drive between Fort Bridger and Vernal is beautiful. (what I saw of it I slept part of the times)We would love to do it again and maybe camp along the way. Anyone want to come with us? Here are some pictures form the weekend. Hope everyone had a great weekend as well.
CJ saw a new breed of dog...no matter how many times we said it was a Horse or a Horsey he looked at us with a confused face and then with a big smile would say "Dog, dog!" He loved the two baby dogs!
CJ loved being a big kid. He brushed the leaves off to find the bones all by himself!!!
Yes, you may have guessed it is another dog behind us...CJ couldn't take his eye off of it, not even for a picture!
Here is the crew...Josh, CJ, Me, Melissa holding Kelsie, Kolby holding Preston, Uncle Kelly, Aunt Lynn, Challis, Brandon holding Wyatt and my adorable pregnant Kandra Sue!
I don't know who loved the attention more? Challis and Preston being able to hold CJ's hand or CJ getting all the help from his cousins! Either way I think they all had a great time
We split off from the group after we drove by the Vernal Temple! Josh and I didn't realize that the temple used to be a church house and that you have to call and make an appointment to attend this one. It is not open all the time! We hope to make it back sometime. It was beautiful!







3 comments:
It sounds like you guys had a blast this weekend! It's always nice to be with family, especially when you don't get to very often! I'm glad you guys made it back safe & sound. Hopefully we'll see you guys soon! =}
Thanks for posting more pictures from your visit to Wyoming and Vernal. I can't wait until we can do trips like that together!! That is hilarious that CJ calls every animal a dog!! I can't wait to see and play with him!!!
Looks like you all had a wonderful time...families are great!
Post a Comment