CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 17, 2007

The latest..

I finally did it, I took all the binkys away!! (my sister thinks I am a big meanie )I wasn't going to worry about it until CJ had his surgery on his belly button but when that got moved back to November and the fact that he hardly asked for it any longer I decided to cease the moment. I took the scissors and cut all the nipples off. The first night was awesome. He fell asleep and slept all night. The next two days was tough but a week later he hasn't asked for it. I think we are over the hump. Ten days makes a habit right? We shall see! I did let him play with them today to see what he remembered. He got real excited for a moment and then looked at each binky trying to find one that worked When he reached the last one he showed it to me and threw it on the floor and walked away. I think we are in good shape. Next on the list is the bottle but we will wait until after surgery for that one!!


Other than that we have been working on our house. We are trying to get it ready to put up on the market. We need to move closer to Josh's job.! A couple weekends ago we stained the deck. This past weekend we organized the basement, took a load to the dumb and started washing walls so we could paint what we need to. I will post a before and after of the deck. You will have to tell if you think it looks better now. If all goes well we should be done with everything by mid week next week. That would be awesome.


One last thing, We finally have found another fruit besides bananas and madrin oranges that CJ will eat. He loved being able to just eat it by himself. He would look at it in amazement after he took a bite. It was cute.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Good job with the binkies! Luckily Dylan gave them up on his own, now its the Thumb I can't get him to stop sucking on! How do I stop that???

Tammy said...

Thanks for your support!!You can get some stuff at the store that you paint onto his thumb, let it dry and then he plays as usual. When he puts his thumb in his mouith it will have a yucky taste. I can't remember what it is called but it is usually found in the baby section. Next time you go to the store you can go to the pharmacy and ask too. Good luck with the thumb. I am so grateful that I don't have to do that. The thumb is a bit harder to take away!

Jer, Er and kids said...

It sounds like you have been very busy. The deck looks great. I am glad the binkie separation went well. CJ is so cute. I hope everything else is going well!

Cassie said...

Way to go on the binks! We've tried to take Alyssa's away, but I'm too much of a wimp. She says to me "mommy... binkie...? pleeeeeeeease?" How can I not give in? She said "pleeeeease." I'm a sucker.

Samantha said...

Ok, the deck looks awesome! I thought it looked great before, but now it looks brand new! Really, call if you need help!