Alright I am finally getting to our trip. We were gone from Oct 19Th through the 23rd! We took my dad with us as a birthday trip. My dad and I share the same birthday and the last time that he had been to Disneyland was when I was 4 months old. I tease him all the time because my parents left me with a friend's sister in Las Vegas and took my two older brothers! Give you an idea of how much Disneyland has changed for my Dad...there was no Dumbo ride, the big attraction was the Ed Sullivan Theater and they were building Pirates of the Caribbean. So there were lots of new things for him to see and share with us! I took lots of pictures so I will try not to bore everyone with too many! (Key word is try)
Our trip began by driving to Bullhead City, AZ. We stayed with some great friends for the night. We got there a bit early so while we were waiting for everyone to get off work we went to a place I visited a few times when I was going up. The little City is called Oatman. This is a little town that looks like an old western ghost town. It is on Route 66. Here is a little about the town.
Oatman began 0ver 100 years ago as a mining tent camp and quickly became a flourishing gold-mining center. In 1915, two miners struck a $10 million gold find, and within a year, the town's population grew to more than 3,500.Oatman was named in honor of Olive Oatman, who was kidnapped as a young girl by Mojave Indians and later rescued in 1857 near the current site of the town.
It was great to be able to show Josh and CJ a place that I went growing up. When we got out of the car Josh said, "How Bizarre. " He could not believe that the Donkeys were walking around everywhere. Plus the locals look like they are out of the 1900's. Here area few of my favorite shots from Oatman.



Blogger won't let me arrange the pictures the way I want to, but to give you an idea how small this town is I will tell you that main street, which really is the only street is probably shorter than main street in Park City. The donkeys are wild and there are signs all over that tell you this fact followed with they may kick or bite you. Which two tried to do to me. You can kinda tell in the photo of me holding CJ! Also the donkeys just have the run of the town, the shop keepers have to shew them out of their stores once in a while, sometimes you can't drive sown the street, and you have to watch where you step. It is a great place to visit!



4 comments:
Looks like fun - even if you do come away with a bite or two.
That looks like so much fun. I do have to agree with Josh about the donkeys..."How Bizarre"!!! :0) Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I have tagged you. Check out my blog to see what this means and read the rules! ;0) Love you!
that looks like a lot of fun! Glad to see you bloggin again.
Looks like you had a ton of fun. I know our trip to Wisconsin won't be that interesting but we will try to find something cool to do besides freeze.
Post a Comment