CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

HE DID IT!!

Right now CJ is off to the store with his daddy to get a treat. You might wonder why....because he went pee pee on the potty for the first time. Josh was going to change him and said that his diaper wasn't wet. Well, that meant that he hadn't gone since before his nap. He woke up about 3pm and was still dry. Josh asked him if he needed to go potty and he said yes. I followed into the bathroom because I really didn't think he would go. To both of our surprise he started to go! Yeah CJ! Shame on Mommy for not thinking you would go. We praised him a ton and since Josh has been using I will buy you a whole bag of suckers if you go on the potty...off to the store they went!! He was very happy with just one sucker though. I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful habit! We are so proud of our CJ!

So here it is hours after the first success and I have to report that right before bed he did it again....could it really be this easy...I am sure we have a long road ahead but how exciting it is that he has made the connection. Go pee pee on the potty and you get a treat...oh well what ever it takes right! I wish I could capture his sweet little face with how proud he is of himself. If someone would have told me that pee in the potty would make a priceless moment in my heart I would have laughed out loud at them....oh how it is true though. Mommy moments that are truly priceless!!! I guess I have entered into a new level in the mommy club!! One I couldn't be happier with! Way to go my little monkey!

8 comments:

Jill said...

Congratultions! You are ahead of me in the potty business:) It is always exciting to get a child our of diapers! Yeah CJ!!

mrs. jar said...

Oh my goodness! Let's hope it really is that easy. That would be so awesome! I hope you had a great birthday and feeling better.

Mandalynn said...

Yay!! Soon he'll be all grown up.

Anonymous said...

I was just commenting on how easy my two little women were to potty train. I mean except for the occasional poop surprises, it wasn't that bad at all. Then a few weeks ago I had had it with night time diapers so I bought plastic covers for the beds and they have only had about one accident a week. Yippie. Good job CJ.

Gifford Family said...

Hey, we are so excited you found our blog! We love to keep up on what family is doing by checking out their blogs. Yours is darling! CJ is getting SO BIG! It has been way too long since we have seen you guys! At least now we can keep in touch by blog!

Mindi and Dave

Nicki said...

It can't be that easy - it is not for me anyway. Kristian is SO not intrested. David's Ivy is all potty trained and Kristian is very facinated with the fact that she goes on the big potty but he still has no intrest. I have tried prizes and stickers and nothing seems to work. If anyone has some ideas, I would love them.

Titus Family said...

He's potty trained!!!! Samantha still insists diapers are better, perhaps more convienent is a better term. I wish I could get her to potty train. We were almost there once....maybe again one day.

Good luck! with this. And yes, it is a priceless moment when they are so proud to go pee in the potty. Sam still loves that it is yellow.

FroggyWoman said...

YAY CJ!!!!

I swear, it's the most exciting thing in the world to see the end of the diaper days!!