Well, CJ survived his first airplane ride! He LOVED it. He looked so cute with his little back pack/suitcase. There were many comments made to how cute he was. Take off scared him I really should use the word terrified him. I had to be holding both of his hands with my arm around him and across him. Even then if I moved even a little bit he would say "mommy don't let go of me." I had to just keep telling him that I was right there and everything was fine. After the take off was over, he loved the plane ride. He thought it was awesome to be above the mountains, and high in the air as he worded it. Not to mention sitting in a big big boy seat!
I was a little nervous about our connecting flight. I wondered if he would be too scared to get on the plane but he was excited and asked when we were getting on the plane to go to Uncle Shaun and Aunt Cynthia's. When we got the airport he wanted to see Aunt Cynthia right away and kept asking where she was. He didn't get why she wasn't right there. He gave her a hug when he saw her and had to peak at Miranda right away but so did I!
Cynthia took us to Calver's for some lunch (way yummy hamburgers and fries) and then headed over to Shaun's office so I could be adjusted and say hello. I am going to be spoiled, staying with my own chiropractor for a month. CJ asked to get the popcorn out. ( Shaun calls it when he is adjusting children) I think CJ said he has Carmel popcorn inside and did really well. The only part he seemed to mind was when he adjusted his neck.
He has had some moments when he has wanted to go home. In fact during the last flight he told me that he was ready to go home and see daddy now....then he changed his mind and said he wanted to see Uncle Shaun,Aunt Cynthia, and baby Miranda for a while and then go see Daddy. He cried a little bit last night but today he has been fine. He asked to call Daddy but doesn't seem to be too home sick. I think the lack of sleep yesterday helped with that a bit yesterday. He is already on his normal schedule. Plus he has some toys from Shaun and Cynthia waiting for him which has helped too.
I took some pictures that I will add later. I haven't found my cord quite yet. Plus I am going to take some pictures of Miranda so I can post them too. She is such a doll. She is a perfect mixture of her mom and dad. She is very strong and has such a brightness to her. You can't help but smile when you look at her! CJ enjoys her too. He looks at her and will just grin so big. If she cries he looks at me so concerned and asks if she is okay! So cute to see. Sorry this is such a long post. I am going to use our blog as a journal so I remember all that we do so I can make sure I remember what to put in his scrapbook but more importantly so that Josh can see what we have been up to.
We miss him more than any words I could say or type. We love you! As for everyone else I hope you enjoy our Minnesota adventure too!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Minnesota arrival - journal begins
Posted by Tammy at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad you got there safely and soundly! And even more glad that CJ loved the airplane! Hope you have a great time and I will look forward to reading all your adventures...ask your brother if it is possible to pop your sternum? I know it is, but is it common or am I just a freak?!?
Where in Minnesota are you? We are only about 1 hour or so from the boarder. If you are down south and have the time I could make a day trip to see you. Maybe. Tomorrow we are to get lots of ice. I hope you have lots of fun. Our boys love flying, so far. They have been lots during there little lives, and because they are so young they have no complaints. Have fun with the family.
Shaun is a lucky brother. Not many sisters would travel across the country to help out with a new baby. She is beautiful Tell him congratulations.
Post a Comment