CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm Back....Sort Of

Though this has taken me a couple times to get done, I can finally be up a little longer to read emails, check my bank account, and try to catch up on every one's blogs. However the time frame doesn't last long. My foot get swollen pretty fast and then I am back to the chair, or bed to elevate and elevate some more.

Though on the up side I have been able to plan CJ's birthday party, and our family vacation this year with all the details, talk to my siblings and dad about our extended family reunion and learn that having toys all over isn't that bad. CJ loves it and has been quite well behaved considering that I haven't been able to move or supervise very well! He has only done a couple things in the two in a half weeks that he got in trouble for. (Filling the dogs water with LOTS of dog food and climbing into the pantry to get things off the higher shelves...he said he was soooo hungry and needed uncooked pasta I guess) Well, time is nearing to an end so I will hurry up...first picture taken minutes before I went back for surgery. Surgery was schedule to be only about 1 1/2 hours....


Foot about an hour after surgery....I was pretty drugged...Josh thought I was crazy for taking a picture...I am amazed that it turned out as well as it did! Now in the next one notice all the pretty colors! At least my toes nails look good! I ended up paging the doctor the next day because my pain was a lot worse than I thought and Lortab wasn't cutting it. Long story short I finally got percocet and finally had some relief.

Doctors were very surprised at how swollen it was...this doesn't even do justice to what it looked like two days later when I had to go back in for my regular post op visit. I was put on a second antibiotic because my foot had gotten infected! Oh the joys! Thus slowing down my recovery!!

A great picture of the rod that I have sticking in my toes through the bone. It has been in there for just over two weeks. I finally will get it out this week! I can't wait! Though nervous....the doctor said he just yanks it out, no numbing, just pulls it right out. He assures me that it won't hurt. It will just feel a little funny! Doe she really know this? Has he had bunion surgery. I guess we will see if it hurts soon enough. I am thinking that it has to hurt....the rod is going through my bone and skin?

This is closer to what it looks like now....this was taken on the 14Th! I have to keep something in between my big toe and the next toe so hopefully let the tissues heal properly so my toes doesn't fall back over to the position it was in before surgery. Well see I guess! If I remember I will take a picture of the rod after it is pulled out. It goes through my bone...crazy! I am glad that it is looking better...I just can't wait until I can put more pressure on it and walk without the aid of a walking boot and a cane. Josh said I look like the actor on House as I walk around. Funny! I need to elevated so I will stop now. I hope you all enjoy my foot post!

PS Thank you too all of you that have left me messages, brought my family meals and have called to check on not only me but Josh and CJ! I am blessed to have great people in my life!

8 comments:

Julie N. said...

Wow, ouch, oh, pain! Craziness! I'm glad you survived. When looking at the pics I felt really bad for you but Keith was just interested in the procedure. I'm glad you're starting to recover. Take care!

Mandalynn said...

Yikes, I had no idea the surgery was so intense. Hope you continue to heal and get back on your feet (pun intended.

provobaileys said...

who would have thought that a bunion would cause all of this fuss. I say remember to take a picture of the rod I would be interested in seeing that. We are so excited about the reunion. And hurray CJ for being so great. Next time he is so hungry suggest he cook the pasta and make you dinner.

Johnstun Fam said...

Your poor foot, I would come visit, but as you are, restricted to the bed. :)
At least you are able to get some things done.

Rory and Tosha Sargent said...

hey i has that same surgery on the same foot about 3 or 4 years age. it sucks and very painful. good luck with it all. so we are off to NYC for the summer for rorys job. we leave to a different state every summer for about 4 months. i noticed you were asking where we were gonig on my blog. take care. love ya

Melissa and Kolby Nebeker said...

My Dad has got that done on both feet. I'm sorry, Pain is never fun. Happy healing.

Stacy Stoddard said...

answer to your question on my blog...a nutramill is a brand of wheat grinder.

katie said...

Holy cow! I never knew that surgery was so invasive! Yikes! aNd to have to care for a 2 year old as well. YOu are a strong woman. I hope your recovery is a smooth and quick one from here on out. Take care of yourself and hug that little guy of yours for us!