CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 30, 2010

Look at the lesson learned...

Alright, I still have a few posts to do in order to be caught up but I only have a few minutes this morning so I am going to share the bone head thing that I did at the beginning of the month. Ethan had thrush and because of this I was told I need to boil his binkies and bottle nipples twice a day but because I had so many I was able to just do it once a day. I was so glad that I had bought so many bottle nipples and binkies. Well on one morning I put them in a pan and turned the heat on, in the process of this CJ asked me for help and then we got caught up in the project he wanted help on. I was loving it too. It was so nice because the Ethan and Tate ( little boy I watch) were sleeping. I was just telling CJ how great it was to be hanging out with just him and how much fun I was having...and then the fire alarm goes off. I am thinking what the...I have two small one up stairs. As I am running up stair I tell CJ to stay where he is. As I get to the top of the first set of stairs there is so much smoke and I can smell plastic burning. I could not believe that I had forgotten what was boiling on the stove. That is right every bottle nipple we have and every binkie but one! The alarm was so loud, but it didn't wake the boys up! So to sum up the story off to the store I went to get more bottle nipples and binkies! Of coarse I had to take a picture to document the event...at least when I do things I do them well. Never mind the pan was ruined too!

Lesson learned while boiling something on the stove all things must then take place in the kitchen until boiling is done!

5 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Hey, you might want to try in the future buying one of the microwave steam bags that Medela makes, Target has them. I use them for Carter's things or else stick them on the top shelf of our dishwasher.

Kris said...

I have those bags I will find them for you!! That is funny though. Sorry. :)

provobaileys said...

I have not started them on fire but I have melted them so that you could not recognize them. Great story.

mrs. jar said...

So sad! :(

Katielin317 said...

Oh my, what a mess...That's right up my alley...:)