CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ethan's 1st Birthday!

A year ago on Jan 20th, he weighed in at 6'11, and was 19 3/4 inches long!

Now he is 22.5 pound and is 29 1/4 inches long!

(with a case of eczema, poor little cheeks!)



Time really does fly when you are having fun! This last year has been full of amazing memories with our little guy! CJ adores his brother and the feeling is mutual for Ethan. I love that every morning when Ethan sees CJ he says Hi and starts to pucker his lips and CJ replies with good morning brother and gives kisses and hugs! Seriousl, hardly a morning is missed with the above. A moment stamped in my heart forever! I am a blessed person to have such wonderful boys!


Here's Ethan's big day in a nut shell! We all went into his room singing Happy Birthday... he couldn't figure out why we were all there and why we were singing! However, it didn't take long for him to figure out it was for him. We took him out of bed and down the hall and we heard WOW for the first time...




He loved all the balloons and opening a gift before Dada had to go to work!



The whole day was full of expressions like this and more wows to follow!


CJ helped to decide Mickey Mouse pancakes for breakfast!



He played hard during the day and needed a nap before the party began with us and Grandparents on both sides.


We ate pizza and salad for dinner and then it was onto opening gifts. Which I am not sure who enjoyed more Ethan, CJ, or all of us that were watching!



WOW...wow.....wow....Ooooohh!



Finally the CAKE!!!

(lots of pictures)

Ethan loves cars and trucks so I made this cake. It took me three hours to get done but I think it turned out alright! Ethan wasn't sure what to do with it at first...but soon figured it out!







Yes, the plate does taste better than the cake....silly boy!







Grandpa and Grandma Ault above and Grandpa and Grandma Gifford below!

Thanks for coming!




Touch down....I think it was a success celebrating you today!

Happy Birthday Ethan!

Our lives are more complete with you. We love you!!

7 comments:

provobaileys said...

I can't believe it has already been a year. He is so very adorable and big. the cake was amazing.

Julie N. said...

It's amazing how time flies! I love all the pics and your cake is awesome! What a cute family you have!

Katielin317 said...

So sweet!!! Happy birthday little guy!! it was so good to see you guys recently! Can't wait to meet again this summer!

Samantha said...

Oh, we love that little guy! I'm glad he had a great birthday!

Brian Adair Fam said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan!! I love all of the pics, Tammy. And that cake was awesome!! Love you!!

Tosha said...

he is so cute. cant believe its been a year. what a joy kids bring to our lives!

McCall said...

I can't believe he's 1!!! I wish we lived closer so we could have been there. I love first birthday parties. Watching him eat the cake is my favorite. Thanks for posting pics. :-)