I have debated if I was going to post this or not. After much thought I have decided that though this blog started off being a way for my extended family to see pictures of my family it has really turned into a journal for me. I love to sit and look at this blog and have have had so much fun remembering the happenings in our lives. So with that being said I am going to record everything I want to remember. I hope those that read it won't mind!
I have decided to make a life change, not just go on a diet but change life and learn how to be more healthy. Knowing myself and knowing that I need to be held accountable (maybe that won't last forever) I decided to join weight watchers. After all if I have to go somewhere to be weighed and if I am paying for it I will be more likely to keep going. I am just ending my second week and I have to say I have already learned so much about myself. For instance that I have some bad eating habits, times that I eat just because, realizing I can make better choices, learning that I am strong enough to be active and that I really enjoy it. There have been bad days, but on a whole it has been good.
I have found setting small goals for a week and having a good attitude are two things that help me reach success. I am looking at this as a life change not just a diet! Don't get me wrong if I lose weight, that is great but the real goal is to feel healthy! I already am feeling different. According to the charts I have lots of "weight" to lose but for now I am just proud of myself for making a change in my life that ultimately is helping not only myself but my family to be healthier.
Thanks to Josh for his support and encouragement. Thanks to Josh, CJ and Ethan for being active with me and trying the foods that I am learning with! I am blessed with a great family! I am not ready to put up a before picture or how much I weigh...somehow that makes this process more of a diet to me...I will share from time to time but for now I will just share I am making a life change! So here is my first stats....I am just ending week two and in my first week I have lost 5lbs but the best part is that I am a bit more active. I don't know if this will make sense but I no longer feel like I am dragging myself. I feel lighter and have more energy!
Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Being Healthy vs Being on a Diet
Posted by Tammy at 9:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You can do it!! I'm also trying to be more active. My friends and I are going to Europe this summer and I know I need to walk more if I'm every going to make it. Keep us updated.
Good for you. Weight is something I have struggled with my whole life. I still struggle to keep myself with in the 5lbs of where I feel comfortable. Being active is the only way that I can do that, and eating on a salad plate. I eat everything on a salad plate. You have inspired me. I have spent the whole month of February fighting this cold, and now that I am felling about 75 percent of my normal self time to get back to the the gym. Good Luck and do keep us posted on your progress. I keep a "Fatbook Scrapbook" when I was losing weight and knowing that I had to take a picture on the first Sunday of every month help motivate me.
I think you are awesoem!! I too can feel a difference in me when i choose to eat healthier vs snack on junk all day, you actually do feel lighter and not like your dragging! it makes perfect sense! i think you are so brave and tough to do this! I can't wait for updates on your progress! you are amazing!!!
Tammy! I am so proud of you. You are such an ispiration and I am so happy for you. Isn't it amazing how making a change like that really change so much in you life for the better. I recently made a change like this too and I am so much more patient, happier, and in tune with myself physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually which makes me more in tune with my family. I love it and I love you guys!! Keep it up and I can;t wait to hear more of your progress and goals. Great job!
Way to go! I agree about the blog becoming a journal and I think it's great. I have a friend who started weight watchers a few months ago and she's lost 60 lbs and looks amazing! You can do it! You are amazing just the way you are but being healthy will make life better. I also like to watch the biggest loser to help me not give into big temptations (as much). We love you!
This is fantastic! Way to go Tammy! I think you're right that it has to be a lifestyle change, because diets come and go--and for most people I know, they're torture! Who wants to live that way? I'm also happy to hear you're trying to keep a positive attitude. That's what it's about, too: loving life while you're making changes. Good luck! You can do it!!
Post a Comment