CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 27, 2007

Aunt Sue!

Most of you won't even know who I am talking about but I decided I wanted to write a bit about this anyhow! Yesterday,I got a phone call from one Aunt saying that another Aunt had pasted away. My Aunt Susan has been battling cancer for a while. We knew that her time would end but when I actually heard that she had pasted away I had mixed emotions. I am so glad that she isn't suffering any more and that she was able to see her daughters' babies before she passed to the other side. I am really having a hard time putting into words what is in my heart. I know from first hand experience what it is like to lose your mom to cancer but at the same time I know I can't possible understand every emotion that my cousins and uncles are feeling. I wish there was more I could do for them. I wish a simply phone call or hug could make it all better. I know that it is a time of happiness that she isn't suffering any longer but also a time that is full of so much pain and numbness. I am glad that I have great memories with Aunt Sue.Playing with her and the ginny pigs on the lawn is probably one of my favorites. I am glad that she is my family. I am so grateful of the knowledge that families are eternal. I want to thank her too. I didn't get to see her that often but when ever I did her smile would light up the room, a spirit I can't describe was there, one you could really feel with every hug. Thank you Aunt Sue for your love and for being you! I love you and will miss you more than you know.

6 comments:

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. It's so hard to lose a loved one, especially one that you know so well and are so close to. I'll be thinking of you.

Samantha said...

Sorry it's taken me a while to read this post. I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt! Please call if you need anything! Oh, and we missed seeing you last night! I hope my favorite little muscle man is feeling better soon!

Jer, Er and kids said...

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. Cancer is such a devastating disease I watched both of my Grandfathers and one uncle die from it. I understand what you mean about the relief of not seeing them in pain but it is so hard. I hope the family is doing okay and that you are as well. My thoughts are with you.

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Thanks everyone!