CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 06, 2008

Big Bed

I have aways said at the age a one I would have my child in a big bed. Well, let me just say that even though he probably would have been fine in a big bed at a year I wasn't ready for the freedom that would have given him! Yes, some of you that said I was crazy and that he wouldn't be out of his crib by age one...(you know who you are) YOU WERE RIGHT! I WAS DREAMING!!

However towards the end of last year CJ started having more interest in taking naps on our bed than his own. Since the house was on the market then we decided we would move him into his big bed after we moved. Well, we finally did it Memorial Weekend. We took advantage of the use of my dad's truck went and bought the box springs and mattress. I wish I would have taken pictures of Josh taking the crib down and making it into his big bed. CJ loved helping his dad. He would take the screw driver and try to help. He mimicked his daddy's ever move. It was fun to watch. Thanks Dad for helping with it too.

CJ loves his new sheets and LOVES to jump on his bed. He grinned so big when we told him it was his new big bed! He has done great sleeping in it! He has really only had one night that he has gotten out of bed repeatedly! I ended up sleeping with him that night. I loved the slaps all over my head to make sure I was still there and oh how I loved the kicks in the ribs! Fun times!

He now will go into his room, turn his lamp on, get his bummed changed, kneel for prayers, turn his music on and recently he now has to have some company when he goes to bed. His tribe (which grows often) includes the critters below! Plus he must have his dogie and dinosaur blankets! Funny Kid!

I know that I am his mom but isn't he adorable?!!

5 comments:

Brian Adair Fam said...

Yay!! Great job, CJ! I love your new bed. You're such a big boy!! (And, yes, Tammy, he is very adorable!!) :0)

FroggyWoman said...

SOOOO cute! Love the pics of CJ in the big boy bed!!

Keely's still in the crib until sometime after the move - she fights bedtime, and I'm thinking we'll keep her in it until she's 3, so she doesn't escape!!

Kathy G said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Selena said...

He is so precious. It is amazing how fast he has grown.

Titus Family said...

So cute!! He's getting so big! I can't believe it. Love his big boy bed with all the toys on it. Sam likes her big bed too! Not to sleep in it mind you, mostly just to play on :-)