Finally I have a working computer again, pictures down loaded and I feel better. Knock on wood I am over the flu and I haven't shared it with the rest of my family! I am so far behind...for May and June I will make a video but for now I will start with the month of July.
Since CJ's birthday is close to the fourth of July we decided months ago that we would invite my Grandma and go to Idaho to visit my family and celebrate the 4Th and CJ's birthday. For those that have never seen the fire work show in Idaho Falls....it is well worth it. I would recommend going for sure.
In order to get ready for the trip we charges the air conditioning in the Blazer so we would all be more comfortable. Got packed, loaded up and headed out the morning on the 4Th. I can't even tell you how excited I was to be going. It has been a couple years since we were with my side of the family for the 4Th. All was going well until Treemonton when Josh said something was wrong with the car and that we should turn around! I then replied oh it will be fine...keep going...about 10 minutes later...we went from a full tank to completely empty! NOT FUN...
The rest of the story...we were towed into Treemonton by a very nice man, found that no one is open on the 4Th of July, were picked up and taken home by my Uncle Roy(again a huge thank you), later that afternoon...mom and dad on Josh's side came and picked Josh up and towed the blazer back down here to a shop, dropped Josh off,( A huge thank you to you both for bailing us out again!) took my Uncle up on his offer to use his car through the first of the week, realized that we were going to have a car payment, and saw a few fire works that the neighbors set off and went to bed. Josh was so sweet (after I hadn't been to nice earlier, frustrations were high and we took it out on each other) and offered to drive somewhere to see fireworks but I shot that down. I was so bummed that we weren't going to be in Idaho Falls that I just needed the day to end!
Saturday we packed up again and headed to Salt Lake to test drive some cars and then head for Snowbird! (I am glad we hads snowbird to look forward to...I am not sure what we would have done other wise) I will get back to that in one of my next post! We went back down and looked at more cars on Monday and this is what we ended up getting.
It's a 2006 Toyota Corolla. We love it! The best part is that is had just over 50,000 miles on it when we bought it and is great condition. CJ loves the sun roof and still gets amazed when we open it a month later! The down side to this card is less room for packing...I have to learn to take less stuff. Maybe that isn't a bad thing after all?

3 comments:
That sucks about your car, I'm afraid that mine will do the same thing any day now, I just don't want a car payment!
Tamster, Glad to hear that you are feeling better. All my kids got the 24 hour thing while visiting Randy's family. Now I don't feel well today but I am not sure if it's the flu or serious cramps. I am excited that you have a new car. Let me know more about the woman you have for my friend.
Post a Comment